Steps Toward Growing Closer to God
Our mission states: we exist to love and lead people in a GROWING relationship with Jesus Christ. Here are some practical steps you can take to grow closer to God, along with some resources to help you along the way.
Intimacy with God
Intimacy with God begins with hearing from God – planting the roots of the vine:
- Attend worship services on a regular basis.
- Spend time in Prayer. Watch the Red Letter Prayers sermon series from February 2013. Fill out a prayer request form.
- Everyone has a starting point. The Starting Point Group is just that – a great place for people with questions about the faith to get started, as well as for those that want to learn more about the Bible and Christianity. Learn more about Starting Point.
- Place your trust in Christ completely for your salvation.
- Take the step of Baptism. As we obey God’s command, we develop deeper levels of intimacy with Him.
Community with Believers
Community with Believers begins with taking a step toward community – growing branches:
- Attend a Newcomer’s Gathering, GroupLink or a Keystone event outside of our Sunday morning worship service. View our Keystone Calendar for information on upcoming events. Also, check out our Connect page.
- Sign up to volunteer on a strategic service team.
- Join a short-term small group like Starting Point, GraceWalk or Financial Peace University.
- Engage in GroupLife and join a small group that meets on an ongoing basis. We offer groups for men, women, young adults, couples, widows/widowers, Moms Making a Difference (for parents of children with special needs), and for Mothers of College Students.
Influence with Outsiders
Influence with Outsiders begins with branching out and speaking up.
- Pray for God to bring people into your path that you can invest in.
- Serve people around you in small and even big ways. Do more and go the extra mile in their lives.
- Talk about faith in a comfortable and casual way. If something impacted you from a Sunday worship experience or a small group discussion, talk about it. Don’t be intimidated; just be authentic and real in your conversations about faith. We believe everyone wants to be connected to their heavenly Father. Your simple conversation may help them realize it can be a reality for them.
- Extend an invitation – simply invite them to come and visit Keystone Church. Invite them to lunch afterward or coffee beforehand. “You should check it out with me, you’ll be glad you did,” should be a part of every invitation.
Surrender of Self
Surrender of Self begins with finding a way to give of ourselves – allowing God to be fruitful through our lives.
- Change your mind. Think about ways to serve those around you – at work, at home, at school, at the store, in the park, wherever. Begin to view the world as a place where you can make a difference by finding small acts of service and kindness to share with others.
- Serve at Keystone. Find a place to serve and begin to use the hands God has given you to serve the church.
- Give at Keystone. Being generous is a command for Christians and we believe it begins by taking the step of giving to the work of God in our world through the local church. We encourage you to give regularly, sacrificially and joyfully. Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Giving leads to loving. For more information check out our Stewardship page.
To get involved and serve through Keystone or to connect with a small group, fill out our Connect Form.