Parenting can be hard. We can help.
Intentional Parenting is a series of workshops to help you be the best parent you can be. Each session will include a brief lecture followed by small group discussion and time for questions. Lunch will be provided and childcare will be available. There is a fee of $5 per adult (children are free) to help cover costs.
The workshops will be led by Heidi Harris, Ph.D. who is a Keystone mom and an adjunct professor at Spring Arbor University and Northwest State Community College in their Early Childhood Education departments.
For more information, contact Wendy Pataro at email@example.com or 734-944-5397.
The next workshop will be held in the Spring of 2020. To receive updates via email, click here or text “parenting” to 734-316-9788.
Workshop topics will include:
• Intentionally Parenting in Jesus – The role of family; prioritizing God; setting family values.
• Managing Technology – Setting limits; creative uses of tech; the importance of quiet.
• Resisting the Busy: How to Slow Down – The importance of rest; setting limits; how to plan.
• Jesus-Centered Parenting – How to integrate faith into everyday moments; bringing church home.
• Raising Originals – Strength-based parenting; understanding childhood development; avoiding the comparison trap.
• Combatting Anxiety and Other Behavioral Challenges – How to support/deal with strong emotions; problem solving; healthy conflict.